Thursday, April 3, 2008

A week of first's!

Max and I had a great week at Grandma and Grandpa's while Mike made his regular trip to Logan and Idaho for the week. We always have fun with Lisa and Andie, I get a break and Max gains two new buddies for the week! I also had fun with Cassie, we jogged our first 5k, and although we didn't break any records, we felt good about how we did. She had to run it for extra credit in a class and somehow I got roped into it too. We both hate to run so we felt it was a great accomplishment.

Also, this last weekend, Mike took me snowboarding. I had never been before so, needless to say, there were a lot of crashes, but it was really fun. Mike said I did really well for a beginner, but he has to say that, because he's my husband and he knows how competitive I am!

He looks so mischievous here! He got the cool shades I'm wearing from my mom for Easter. They open up and he loves putting them on me and opening and closing them over and over and over again. He was being so cute. He kept grabbing my cheeks and saying "Hello!"
Can you see the terror on poor Emmy's face? Max got to have his little girlfriend with us this week while her mommy was in China. He would not stop chasing her around the house. Most of the time he was trying to kiss her or hug her, but there were times that he was trying to tackle her or smack her with the bat. Good thing I was supervising! I think he was traumatized because she kept calling me mama! Every time she would call me that, he would point his finger at her and say "NO MAMA!" He wanted to make sure she knew I was HIS mama. It was really fun for me to see them play (when they were playing nicely!) It also made me re-think having another child though. Two kids are hard work!

4 comments:

The Jones Fam said...

That was so nice of you to watch Emmy for Michelle while she was in China. I had to watch my friends two little girls for 10 hours yesterday and I thought, "I don't think I could handle having 4 kids!" That's cute that Max was so protective of you :)

Michelle said...

You didn't tell me you ran a 5K or that you went snowboarding when I was over on Friday!!! You'll have to tell me about it.

Team Pettijohn said...

I'm so impressed with the 5K...I'm not sure that you could get me to do that even for extra credit. :) Max is such a cutie...It's got to make you feel good that you are "His Mama". So I'm afraid it's too late to re-think the whole 2nd kid thing for me...lol. I keep wondering to myself... "what was I thinking?"

Hill said...

Hi Jess, just saw your name on the class website, your little boy it sooo cute, what a doll. Wanted to say hi, and I'm glad you are doing good. good luck in phoenix this summer (probably the worst time to be in phoenix) but hopefully it will be a good time for you.
Hillary