Monday, March 30, 2009

Maximo mo mo!


Max is growing up so fast! I have to keep documenting his cute little sayings because I don't want to forget how much he makes us laugh! He is such a sweetie and he's really interested in the baby in mom's belly. Today we were talking about the baby and Max said,

"When the baby is born, Jesus will talk to her." It was so sweet. We still don't know if it's a girl, but Max only refers the baby as his sweetheart princess. We will find out next week, if I can get an appointment! We are really excited!

Max says he wants to name the baby "Baby Ayla."  That is Chris and Staci's baby's name, so obviously we won't name the baby Ayla, but it makes us laugh because he hasn't even been around Ayla at all. She was a preemie, and just got home this week, so little cuties like Max can't be around her yet.

Every morning when Max wakes up he yells for us from his room and says, 

"Mom, I'm not asleep anymore! It's a sunny day!" 

When he says that it's a sunny day that usually means he's not tired and he doesn't want to take a nap. Our conversation usually goes like this. 

Mom: "It's time for a nap Max."

Max: "But mom, it's a sunny day outside and I'm just happy. I'm not grumpy at all."

Mom: "Take a quick nap and when you wake up we can play with cars."

Max: "I'm not going to sleep at all, I'm just happy. Ok mom?"

He is so funny, and he remembers the funniest things. He will watch a movie one time and 3 months later he will start talking about specific parts that I don't even remember.

He can recognize all of the letters in the alphabet and knows thier sounds. He has known this since he was 2 thanks to Letter Factory!

He can count to 11.

He knows all of his colors, his favorites are blue, green and black and he reminds us all the time.

He knows his shapes and loves to cut out 'baby triangles.'

He likes to make up songs about whatever is going on at the time, and they usually consist of one word being repeated over and over again at different volumes.

He loves his cousins and aunts and grandparents, and he thinks we live with them because we are with them so much!

He loves to dress up in his superman cape and will only be refered to as 'Superman Max' whenever it is on. I have to wash it at least once a day lately!

He is such a sweet boy. We are so lucky to be his mom and dad!

8 comments:

Whit said...

Cute little max we love that boy! He says the funniest things it is fun to read about them. :) Let us know if you get that appointment ;)

TiffanyHarrison said...

He sounds like such a doll! What a great way to document things! I wish that I had done this from day one with my kids, you think you will remember...but you don't!! What a cutie:^)

Staci said...

We love little Max! He's got the funniest personality!! He is lucky to have you as parents:) Hope to see you guys soon! You can name her baby Ayla:)

Heidy said...

max is such a cutie. I love the funny things he says.

lionldy@gmail.com said...

Oh Maximo...we love you a TON!!! What a funny little boy.
We're glad you are writing things down. It's always fun to remember the silly things your kids say!
See you soon...
Grandma Julie & Grandpa Dave

Ashley Garbe Smith said...

What a fun boy! I loved reading this because I remember the first time I ever saw him was when he was just a baby and now he has this amazing, adorable personality! I love the nap/sunny day story. What a sweet little guy. I can't wait to hear what you're having. A little girl would be awesome, but you already know that you two do boys pretty dang well!

The Albrecht's said...

He is so cute! I love that he wears a superman cape and has to be called "Superman Max." 100% boy! Congratulations on baby #2! That is so exciting.

Rachael Cook said...

Congrats on the new little 'baby sister" that is so sweet. Michael wants a baby sister so bad too. he asks me all the time when i;m gonna put a baby in my belly. Kids are so cute with the things they come up with. I love it, i love being a mom. Im so happy for you jess, i know that this has been a long road for you. GOod for you for hanging in there.