Friday, November 13, 2009

A day of laughs and a big scare!

Max is so hilarious lately! I just wanted to write down some of the funny things he said the last couple of days.

We were driving in to Spanish Fork and Max was pointing out everything on the side of the road when he saw a big blue port-a-potty. He asked me what it was and I told him, after he processed it for a minute he said, "That just doesn't seem right mom, that's just freakin' weird!"

He also really seems to like Gracie a lot lately. We visited my Grandma Bev and Max was afraid we were going to leave her there. He kept saying, "She's our baby, she's not yours, we need to bring her home with us," All while he was pulling on Gracie, trying to physically take her off of Grandma's lap. He said the same thing to my mom when we were trying to leave Spanish Fork today.

Then today, as we were leaving Spanish Fork he was trying to help Mike carry Gracie in her carrier. He looked at Mike and said, "Wow, this is one heavy baby!"

A few minutes later he asked my mom to hop in the back with Daisy and come home with us, when she said she couldn't he replied, "Oh, sure you can!"

In the car Gracie starting screaming (as usual), and apparently Max couldn't handle it anymore, so he said, "Mom, can't you just calm her down or something? Do you need to come back here and feed her? You should come feed her mom."

I am so grateful for his curious little mind, his crazy cool dance moves and his cuddles! He really is a great boy and he makes us laugh all day long. He is so creative and is not shy at all! And to top it off he is completely potty trained! He never has accidents and he wakes up to go in the middle of the night. It's awesome!

Shifting gears, on the way home tonight, in between Nephi and Mona, there was a car traveling the wrong way on I-15 southbound. It was in the left lane and we were in the right. Luckily, we noticed it in time and were able to avoid it, unfortunately the car behind us didn't and swerved and rolled at least 6 times. It was awful!
I am so thankful that our family was safe. It just reminds me how blessed we are. We travel all of the time and we haven't had any accidents. I hope that the family that wrecked can recover. I wish I knew how they were doing, and I wish I knew if they caught the psycho that was driving the wrong way! He was going super fast and I don't think he even stopped when the car rolled. It was terrible and I can't get the image out of my mind. It just makes me want to squeeze my kids even harder! I'm so grateful for my family and our blessings!!!

3 comments:

Whit said...

That is sooooo scary I am so grateful you guys are safe we love you!

Jenny said...

Cute Max stories! And the car thing is scary! I can't believe someone was driving the wrong way on the freeway!!!

Justi said...

I seriously love reading your blog and hearing what Max is saying lately. He is totally hillarious, Jes. What a cute kid.